THE NORTH POINT
“Fine Food and Drink ~ Old Fashioned Friendly Service”
35 Silver Street
Portland, ME 04101
Check on Availability
Welcome To Your New Favorite Place!
Indoor seating only!
We will happily seat your complete party on a first come, first served basis.
We do not normally take reservations, but give us a call for parties of 6 or more and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
WE’RE OPEN AS FOLLOWS:
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday:
4pm – 10pm
Friday & Saturday:
4pm – Midnight
*Last call for alcohol 30 min. before closing, kitchen until 1 hour before closing.
Give Us A Call (207) 899-3778
To Check On Availability
The North Point offers a visually exciting, warm, upscale dining and drinking experience without attitude or pretension. Just delicious, top-quality, beautifully presented cuisine, simple but inventive cocktails, lots of wine by the glass or bottle – all are very affordable, ten taps – all local, and the friendliest staff you’ll ever encounter.
Come check out our large selection of meats & cheeses, small, shareable plates and our soon to be World Famous Signature Stuffed Flatbread Sandwiches. We’re located in the Old Port on Silver Street, across from the Regency Hotel, and right next to the Crooked Mile.
The North Point is our love letter to Portland. Come see for yourself why Portland has been loving us right back, since February 2013!
Food & Drink to Go
CARHOP CURBSIDE PICKUP / DELIVERY
Feel free to order for contactless curbside pick-up, or have your food and drinks brought right to your door – click on any of the orange “ORDER HERE” links for CarHop delivery or for curbside pickup.
We’ve installed a commercial grade (“Beyond by Aerus”) air purifier, we keep our ceiling fans on and kitchen exhaust running at all times to aid in air flow / air replacement.
As of now, masks are optional. Feel free to bring/wear your mask if it makes you feel safer! If not, we simply ask that you not come in if/when feeling sick. Ultimately, we’re all in this together, making choices in life to protect ourselves, our families, and our guests.
We don’t take reservations, but do suggest you call ahead if you’d like to check on availability before arrival. Please note, we cannot hold tables for more than just a few minutes. Also, we may not seat your party until all members have arrived. Obviously, we’re flexible, but please be understanding of our challenges and constraints. It’s a small place and we’re trying really hard to please as many guests as possible!
ONLINE ORDERING / TAKE OUT
Order anytime on CarHop for delivery (surcharge), OR free for pickup during business hours. Please bring ID if you’re picking up cocktails, or have your ID ready if awaiting alcohol delivery. You must order food if ordering adult beverages for pickup/delivery – no exception to this state mandated rule.
SOME ITEMS UNAVAILABLE FOR PICKUP / DELIVERY
ORDER TO-GO / PICKUP OR DELIVERY VIA CARHOPME
Our dine-in menu is subject to (at times, frequent) change and
differs slightly from our to-go / pickup menu.
Please call us (207) 899-3778 with any questions.
Scroll down for food menu!
*For every Pear Martini and order of Deviled Eggs, we donate $1 to FEED KIDS @ Full Plates Full Potential in Portland, Maine.
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of food-borne illness.
*Allergy statement: Our kitchen contains food items such as wheat, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts and milk. Please let your server know about any allergies or dietary concerns you may have, before ordering!
Gift cards are available online, or feel free to stop in to purchase, or call us (207) 899-3778 for assistance or for bulk purchases. We’re happy to mail your card(s) to you, or you can avoid the cost and the wait by stopping in during business hours to pick them up.
$25 Gift Card
$50 Gift Card
$75 Gift Card
$100 Gift Card
$250 Gift Card
$500 Gift Card
Check / View Your Cart
After 4 pm, we will not allow infants or children (under 12) to accompany diners, indoors. Our apologies in advance to anyone out on the town with the kids in tow, but we are normally “adults only.” We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding!
Your service dog is more than welcome to join you when dining indoors. We understand that he/she will stay quietly by your feet throughout your stay. We know there are no official permits, certificates or fancy vests that can prove the “service” status of your dog. We are very pet friendly, but have to follow the law: Guests accompanied by “pets” (by law, this includes emotional support animals), will not be allowed entry.
If/when the City of Portland again allows us to serve outdoors, the following will apply:
Note that during warmer months, your well-behaved pet dog is more than welcome to join you on our patio, if/when available. We hope he/she will remain relatively calm, not get into a barking match or sniffing session with other dogs, and for safety’s sake, not get in the way of our servers, nor “bother” our other guests.
We have partnered with Full Plates Full Potential to benefit child nutrition programs in Maine. The North Point will donate $1 from the sale of every Pear Martini and/or order of Deviled Eggs to FEEDKIDS. Read more about fullplates.org, and our involvement here.
35 Silver Street
Portland, ME 04101
Press / Media
- Dec. 3 Maine Life Media Season 7 Episode 25.
- Mar. 29 EatDrinkLucky “Mr. Rob Caldwell suggests The North Point Margarita”
- Jan. 20 Portland Old Port “When’s Happy Hour? Portland’s Complete List of Happy Hours”
- Jan. 25 Portland Press Herald – Angie Bryan – Bar Guide: “Follow the birthday gal on her ideal Portland pub crawl, for non-pandemic times”
- Oct. 5 Portland Press Herald – Angie Bryan – Bar Guide: “Stock up on syrup and make these maple cocktails”
- Sept. 7 BostonHotels.org – New England Magazine: “12 of the best cheap eats in Portland, Maine”
- July 31 WGME 13 Portland Maine News: “Bill would allow bars, restaurants to sell alcohol to-go until at least 2022”
- July 18 Jetline Cruise – Top Bars to Visit in Portland Maine: “Top Bars to Visit in Portland”
- June 15 Local Eats – Portland, Maine- Episode One: The North Point: Franke Lee: “Spinach & Feta Artichoke Dip”
- Jan. 9 The Corkscrew Concierge: “Great Spots For Wine (& Food) In Portland Maine”
- Dec. 4 94.3 WCYY – Maine’s Rock Alternative: “6 Of The Best Bathrooms In Bars You’ll Find In Portland’s Old Port”
- Dec. 4 The Culture Trip: “11 Cozy Bars and Restaurants in Portland, Maine Perfect for Winter”
- Feb. 9 The Culture Trip, Alana Jajko: “Portland, Maine’s Coolest Cocktail Bars”
- Jan. 19 Eater Maine, Kate McCarty: “16 Restaurants in Portland With Amazing Happy Hours, Winter 2017”
- Nov. 16 Cozy Maine WJBQ – Q97.9: “Comfy Cushion Seating, Low Light & Custom Cocktails at The North Point”
- Nov. 7 Old Port Magazine – On Point: (Our fearless leader and his beautiful wife talk about love, life and work while wearing really nice clothes!)
- Aug. 18 Eat Drink Lucky: Fore River Brewing Company Lygonia IPA at The North Point
- June TheMaineMag.com, Karen Watterson: “The North Point”
- May 26 MaineToday.com: “The North Point At A Glance”
- Mar. 24 MaineToday.com, Susan Axelrod: “Dining Guide: 5 Portland-Area Wine Bars To Try”
- Dec. 19 MaineToday.com, Susan & Ted Axelrod: “Ginger St. Germain”
- April 17 MaineToday.com, Claire Jeffers: “Savvy Brothers Make The North Point A Hot Portland Destination”
- Nov. 1 Maine Eater, Tom Minervino: “Maine’s Best Happy Hours”
- Oct. 30 WCSH6 | 207 Kitchen Rob Caldwell: “Halloween Pumpkin Pie
- October TheMaineMag.com, Katy Kelleher: “The North Point Portland”
- Sept. 6 WCSH6 | 207 Kitchen Rob Caldwell: “Super Butternut Squash Soup”
- Feb. 23 WMTW8: “Brothers Take a Gamble, Open New Restaurant In Portland’s Old Port”